Henna is very popular for its coloring value, but very few people know that henna has to give much more than just a color. Do you know that henna can improve the growth of your hair? Do you know that it conditions your hair and prevents hair from falling? Probably, you don’t know.
In ancient times, henna was used as a key ingredient to get beautiful and healthy hair and that tradition is being followed even in today’s modern times.
If you want a quick fix for your grey hair, henna is an option for that. But the use henna isn’t limited to covering the grey hair anymore. But, it can be used to get many other hair care benefits by simply adding other elements.
In the old ages, kings and queens used to add certain natural herbs to increase the effectiveness of henna. Today, you will find many henna products that already contain the extracts of such natural herbs.
Here we are going to discuss the miracles that you get from henna for your hair and how you can use it to get those miracles.
Color Your Hair
First and foremost benefit you get from henna is the coloring of your hair. The intention behind your henna color could be different. Your intention could be to get fashionable hair color or you could be looking to cover your grey hair.
Whatever the reason is, henna will give you, what you are wishing to get.
How To Use
The simplest way to use henna is by simply soaking henna powder for overnight time period and apply in the morning. But, to increase its effectiveness, you will need to soak henna powder in green tea.
Here is what you need to do.
- Take henna henna powder according to your hair length and soak it in one or two cups of freshly prepared green tea.
- Keep it for overnight and apply in the morning well on your hair as well as scalp.
- Leave for 30 minutes and rinse.
- It will cover your grey hair and give it natural color look.
Reduced Hair fall
Henna can reduce your hair fall dramatically if you use the right combination of ingredients. Whatever the cause of your hair fal isl, henna has the power to control it in natural and very effective way.
Here is what you have to do.
- Henna powder -according to your hair length
- Olive oil -2 tbsp
- Egg white – 1
- Soak henna in water for overnight. In the morning, add one egg white and olive oil.
- Mix them well to get uniform consistency. Apply on both scalp and hair evenly.
- Leave for 30 -40 minutes and rinse with normal water. Shampoo next day.
Improved Hair Growth
Slow hair growth and thinning of hair – the two most common hair problems both men and women face today. Henna comes very handy when it comes to speeding up of hair growth. It adds volume and strengthens hair follicles.
How to use
- Mustard oil – 100 ml
- Amla oil – 100 ml
- henna powder – enough to make paste.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a uniform paste. Now apply this thoroughly on your head.
- Leave for an hour and rinse.
- It will make your hair shiny and stimulate hair growth
Another big headache for most people is the occurrence of dandruff again and again. It’s the problem in which – skin of the scalp peels off which results in flaky scalp. The use of henna will help you to get rid of dandruff and also prevents its re-occurrence in the future.
How to Use
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard oil – 1/2 cup
- Mustard oil – 3 tbsp
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water for overnight. In the morning, grind soaked seeds into a paste.
- Now mix mustard oil and henna powder and add fenugreek paste to this.
- Now again mix all ingredients well and form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair and scalp.
- Make sure you are applying well on scalp. Leave for 30 minutes and rinse.
- It will give you relief from dandruff and make your hair soft and silky.
Are you searching for a natural conditioner? Give a try to homemade henna conditioner. It will naturally condition your hair and makes your hair shiny and lustrous. It will strengthen hair roots and make your hair strands strong and healthy.
How to use
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Henna powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- In a half cup of yogurt, mix 1 tbsp henna powder and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Blend then well to get uniform thick paste.
- In order to apply this properly, first divide your hair in equal sections.
- Then apply this paste evenly section by section from roots to the tips of hair.
- Once applied thoroughly, forget that for 30 minutes and then rinse well with normal water.
- Shampoo next day.
When you are applying henna in your hair, you are actually giving your hair a natural treatment that will treat many problems. Henna will also get rid of split ends. It balances the pH level of your scalp. It will keep frizz out of your hair and make it easily manageable.