Dandruff is the most common scalp problem which affects all the people around the globe regardless of their gender, age and race. It (dandruff) is actually the shedding of dead skin of the dry or extremely oily scalp which results in the itchiness, redness and irritation of scalp.
In order to balance the moisture of either dryness or oiliness, scalp releases sebum which then blocks the hair follicles. The blocked hair follicles attract the bacteria and fungus which usually give rise to scalp infections like dandruff and psoriasis.
Usually dandruff is caused by the dry scalp which then begins to flake. Application of oils specially the coconut oil helps to retain the moisture of scalp and treats dandruff quite effectively. Coconut oil is loaded with lots of benefits for hair and treating dandruff is one of them. Here you can read the 6 key Benefits of Coconut oil for Hair.
Do you know how to treat dandruff with coconut oil? If not, don’t worry. Here we are going to discuss some effective methods of using coconut oil to get rid of dandruff problem.
Coconut Hot Oil Treatment
- In order to perform this treatment, you need 100% pure coconut oil. Buy coconut oil of any branded company which you think would be 100% pure.
- Take the oil according to your needs and heat to turn it into liquid form.
- Now apply this hot oil thoroughly on the scalp with the help of cotton ball.
- Apply only on scalp. No need to apply on hair.
- When oil is distributed on scalp evenly, massage it gently with your fingertip for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wear shower cap and leave for few hours.
- Rinse and condition as usual.
- Do this once a week for several weeks
Coconut Oil and Fenugreek Seeds
- Take one or two tbsp of fenugreek seeds and grind them to get its powder.
- Now take around 5-6 tbsp of coconut oil and heat it.
- When the oil becomes warm , add the fenugreek seeds powder to it.
- Mix it well and apply thoroughly on scalp as well as hair.
- Leave this for an hour and rinse and condition.
- This treatment will make your hair soft, silky and remove dandruff.
- Repeat every week for better results.
Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice
- Take half cup of coconut oil and add juice of one lemon to it.
- Mix it well and apply on your head.
- Massage it gently on your head for 10 minutes.
- Leave for an hour and wash off with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this once a week for few weeks to get noticeable results.
Coconut Oil and Camphor
- Take half cup of coconut oil and add one tbsp of camphor to it.
- Mix it well and store in a airtight container.
- Now keep massaging your hair with this stored oil twice a week.
- Leave for few hours and then rinse. Condition as usual.
Coconut Oil and Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is anti-fungal. When combined with coconut oil, it makes very effective hair treatment that enhances hair growth and controls dandruff.
- Take both the oils in same quantity and mix well.
- Apply and massage gently with fingertips.
- leave for an hour and wash off using mild shampoo.
Coconut oil will not only help you in getting rid of dandruff problem, but it’s also good for the overall health of the hair. Its great in stimulating the hair growth.