Table of Contents
- Many Women Ask: What is The Best Hair Growth Shampoo ?
- Hair Growth Cycle
- The Pattern of Hair Loss in Women
- Discovering the Cause of Your Hair Loss
- The Best Hair Growth Shampoo for Women
Many Women Ask: What is The Best Hair Growth Shampoo ?
As a woman, your hair and hair style have an enormous impact on your self image and how others perceive you. If you suddenly find yourself facing hair loss, it can deeply affect your self-confidence. However, it might surprise you that you’re not alone – 40% of those suffering from hair loss are women. Many women report experiencing hair loss and thinning hair as one of the most traumatizing experience of their lives.
Hair Growth Cycle
Understanding how hair grows will make it easier to identify what causes hair loss. Hair growth is cyclical and has three stages:
- Anagen is the growth stage and lasts from two to eight years. 90 percent of your hair should be in the anagen stage at any given time.
- Catagen is the stage in which the hair follicle begins to shrink which lasts for 2-3 weeks. On a healthy scalp 1-2 percent of hair follicles are in this cycle.
- Telogen is the stage in which hair growth takes a rest and lasts 2-4 months and about 10-15 percent of your hair follicles are at this stage.
How Hair Loss Occurs
Everyone loses 50 to 100 hairs a day naturally as part of their hair growth cycle. In the case of abnormal thinning hair your loss is more dramatic, e.g. your hair can come out in clumps as you brush, shampoo or style your hair. When hair follicles begin to fall into the telogen stage but do not start the cycle again, this results in hair loss. In the case where hair follicles begin to shrink hair strands become thinner until the follicle actually disappears completely. If this continues more and more hair loss will occur.
The Pattern of Hair Loss in Women
As a woman, your hair loss tends to appear as thinning, taking place across the head with more concentration at the crown. Hair loss can be quite gradual and rarely forms a receding hairline. However if you see your hair falling out in clumps it can be quite alarming and may be cause for a visit to your doctor.
Discovering the Cause of Your Hair Loss
A visit to your doctor will probably result in two common tests to address hair loss to identify the cause. Thyroid and hormone issues are the most common medical causes of hair loss in women and will discontinue once they’ve been addressed. Other common causes of hair loss in women include:
- Poly cystic Ovary Syndrome
- Alopecia Areata (Female Pattern Baldness)
- Extreme stress
- Menopause and aging
Counteracting Hair Loss in Women
These causes of hair loss may be more challenging to combat and you will want to find treatments to help counteract the progression of hair loss. You will require a hair growth product that will stimulate your hair follicle and stop production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that inhibits hair follicles from producing hair. DHT eventually shrinks your hair follicles completely. There are also multiple ways to regrow your hair naturally for women such as : Aloe vera, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Hair transplant Surgery and much more. Over 30 million women suffer from hair loss and it is very rare that full baldness will occur. It is good to know hair treatments do exist to help bring back a fuller head of hair.