Having that shampoo commercial hair is no easy feat for women. Daily aggression causes damage mainly to the ends of the wires, leaving them brittle and split. Often the quickest solution is to use scissors and remove much of the hair.
But if you want to grow the wires, it’s worth looking for other alternatives. Don’t get used to having your locks damaged! There are simple and inexpensive ways to get back split ends and make your hair shiny and healthy. For this, it is important to know the causes of dryness, how to prevent and how to treat the problem. Check out!
What causes split hair
- Frequent use of high-temperature appliances, such as dryers, curling irons and flat irons.
- External aggressions such as excessive sun exposure, wind and pollution.
- Comb your hair incorrectly or still wet.
- The friction with the towel when drying the hair damages the locks. So never rub, just press the towel against the wires.
- Cuts are inappropriate for the type of hair, using instruments that weaken the ends.
- Excessive use of chemical products, such as styling, colouring and straightening.
How to prevent split ends
To keep the hair free from split ends, it is advisable to cut the ends, on average, every 3 months. In addition to preventing the appearance of split ends, the cut will help the hair renewal process.
When washing your hair, always opt for a highly nourishing, salt-free shampoo and apply conditioner to the ends of a line for damaged hair. Give preference to cold water, which helps to close the cuticles, and always massage the hair and scalp gently.
Always use products designed to thoroughly repair split and brittle ends, such as serums and nourishing oils.
Before drying your hair, always apply a thermal protector, which will help to minimize the harmful effects of the dryer and other high-temperature appliances, which dry out and compromise the hair structure.
When combing wet hair, opt for wide-toothed combs, which make the hair less fragile. Leave the brushes for when the hair is already dry.
How to recover brittle hair
- Abuse products that contain vitamin E, argan oil and keratin.
- Avoid using a flat iron more than once a week.
- Invest in recovery treatments such as botox, hair schedule and cauterization.
- Once a week, do intensive hydration, with a hydrating mask for damaged hair.
Quick and easy treatment for split ends
To repair and intensely nourish the hair, preventing the appearance of broken and fragile ends, apply olive oil or vegetable oil. These products can be used on any type of hair, but only on the ends. Curl your hair and let it act for about an hour. In the end, wash your hair normally and finish with a jet of cold water.